Search This Blog

Friday 6 August 2010

Second inspection - saw some amazing things

Did my second inspection of Genesis yesterday and things look good.
Bees on the comb

The super I put on last week is being completely ignored! They are building up stores in the brood chamber and drawing out foundation on a shallow frame I put in. They are building comb off the bottom of that now and this is part of my IPM strategy for Varroa. It was fascinating to see them linked together in chains as they build the wax.
Workers linking together to build comb

I saw the queen - she is unmarked. I also saw a worker just emerging from her cell - amazing! I shook some bees off each frame to see the comb better and they do have some pollen stores there. Saw plenty of eggs.
Queeny - a bit blurred - you try holding a frame and camera whilst keeping an eye on her!













No comments:

Post a Comment